Name:
Location: ohio

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Colors

I took this on the summit of Cavers route last Sunday. It was sweet to get out with all my climbing friends and hang a rope on something. The fall colors were the icing on the cake. Very few reds, mostly yellow maples. There was about a dozen climbers on various pitches or the descent. I noticed a mix in the Gorge of tourists ,bikers, hikers and climbers. I think they all came out just to enjoy the colors and pleasant temps. Camping was a bit chilly. There was frost on the grass in the morning. I sat up by the fire Sat. night and watched several meteors cross the starlit sky. Reminded me of John Denver's song about fire in the sky. We stopped in at the Summer Breeze Cafe for breakfast. Mmmm... country cookin and southern hosptality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home