Name:
Location: ohio

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Long Wall

Dwayne at Table Rock, NC
Sunday was good day. Tonya ,Ginger,David and I went to climb at Long Wall with Dwayne. It's always great to climb with the other half of team Smoke Break.We spent some time just laying on a big rock under Rock Wars, catching up, While the rest of our party was on Ralph and Bobs. Tonya lead it up.Nice job on her
part ,leading trad, except she clipped her pieces on the way down and the rope was stuck. We had 20 or 30 feet of one end so I decided to lead up on it and unstick the rope. That's as far as I got too. I ran out of rope and slings,dropped a cam somehow, and ended up tied to a piece with a clove hitch. The rope was a mess that looked like a spider web and I was in the middle. Once I was off belay ,Dwayne was able to pull the rope and I ended up on toprope like I intended, so it worked but it would have been a cool picture while it was happening. The route has nice moves but suffers from dirt washing into the top. Doesn't toprope well either. We went off searching for Big Country and found it finally but by then it was raining. We did the first pitch of a 10 nearby that stays dry and was a fun 6. It didn't TR well either but it was dry. I think it may have been my last trip to the Red until it cools off . I am happy I got to spend it climbing with my old friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home