Name:
Location: ohio

Friday, March 17, 2006

Makes you wonder...

"You ever hear of people falling on thier Bro's and them ripping out and dieing?,My friend asked me one night. The question took me by suprise.
He knew I used my Bro's a good deal climbing wide cracks. Maybe it was a well meant warning,I don't know. I have never fallen on one. I do know they take body weight.
The next day I hooked up with all my best climbing buddies to do Full Moon.
While leading the second pitch I got sucked into a chimney. I could have went around it but I wanted to run 2 and 3 together so I went up the chimney.
I placed the big blue one and 10 feet later I plugged the green one in there and kept going. Ten feet above the last bro with no more options for pro close, the going got sketchy. I looked down and there was both bro's underneath me.
Then I hear Ryan's question in the back of my head. Damnit! Why did he have to ask that? I have to make this sketchy move and worry about falling and dieing when those things rip out. I sucked it up and did the move but it's a safe bet I was overgripping everything I could get my hands on. I'm sure I have made harder moves but that situation was just unerving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home