Name:
Location: ohio

Friday, January 05, 2007

Haystack Rock

Dirty Rastafarian Scoundrels at Haystack rock on a summer day.
I managed the climb, no problem.
It's a fantastic route. On the way out I sprained my ankle badly. Mark there carried both our packs half of the mile and three quarters back to the truck.
I never epic on the climb.It seems to happen on the hike out or I take everyone on a long hike to nowhere trying to find a crag. Go figure.Anyway it's raining outside right now so I'm sitting here enjoying pictures of climbs on pretty summer days and reminesing about what happened along the way. It's all about the journey.

4 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

this is a great shot. i don't know how to take black & white on my digital camera.

how far does that traverse go, and who is mark?

11:49 AM  
Blogger ynot said...

The route arches up and right just after the picture. I was using a free with 2 packs of smokes camera that only takes B/W. It had to be doctored on the computer.It was an awesome summer day and I would have preffered color. Mark and I have been friends since our first lead class.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! I love the black and white. The perspective on the traverse with both lead and belayer came out really cool. Thanks for posting. When the weather is crappy for a long time,work and family don't let me get out like I would like to. These shots and your bit of script is nice to have. I remember how much I crave to get out.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home