Name:
Location: ohio

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Vial of gold

I awoke in my sleeping bag while it was barely dawn. My ankle was itching like mad and it was tough to get down there to scratch. I was forced to get up and crawl out of my cozy nest. It was downright chilly. Rare ,lately to need need a jacket at all it's been miserably hot. I had to stop and scratch my bug bite half a dozen times before scoring my morning coffee in Miguel's. I sat down at a table with some strange younger people and introduced myself and scratched my ankle again. The girl next to me said"Here put some of this on it"and opened a small vial of gold colored salve. It seems the distributor was parked out front, drumming up business. I dabbed a bit on and instant relief! We talked a bit and they called my name for my breakfast order. The girl asks"Your name is Jesse too? I liked her and her friends right away. It seems there were 3 Jesses there this weekend so ordering food was interesting confusion. I have been way to use to being the only one. I met a bunch of new climbers and did some good routes. I'm always amazed at how together the younger people that climb are. Most all are polite, with a great sense of humor and happy to invite me along to follow and clean routes if I need a partner. I meet new friends and get to climb something hard for me. I enjoyed the weekend immensly, made new friends, climbed an amazing crack called Andromeda Strain, roped up with Dwayne again for a day and caught the majic golden salve distributor and scored a vial of gold for myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms.H. said...

Glad you got out climbing! We've been wondering about you recently.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to finally meet you in person. And the Jesse inflation sure was funny; I guess you did know that it was another Jesse who was 'operating' on the splinter in your thumb on Sunday morning.

3:41 PM  
Blogger ynot said...

It's amazing how much I lost by not climbing for months.finger strenght,commitment,fluid motion,everything gone. It's like I'm a gumby again.I didn't make it up Awol.My arms hurt to bad by the 3rd bolt. I hope you all got out.The weather was perfect.

3:43 PM  
Blogger ynot said...

I'm still wondering who the third Jesse is.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great group of folks . . . love hearing about the "splinter operation"!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home