Name:
Location: ohio

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Saving Mr. Bonkers


Last weekend we made it out to Muscle Beach for some wide crack climbing. It was a bit chilly if the breeze hit you but the morning sun was glorious and the rock wasnt too cold to the touch. I sent a couple routes and hung a toprope on When Gravity Fails. Odd name for that route. It wants to spit you off the whole way up it.You can definitly feel gravity doing its thing. Maybe its the extra pounds I gained over the winter. Nah, it's a tough climb. That's why I didn't lead it. I went up it first and tried to retrieve the top cam we left to protect the swing. It didn't come right out so I left it. Ginger went up next, hung there and worked on it too. Stuck like a kitty cat up a tree. It was up to Tonya to save Mr. Bonkers. Armed with 2 nut tools and a cam to hang on she went up and after 15 minutes had him free just like a fireperson. My hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home