Name:
Location: ohio

Friday, May 11, 2007

Up There

I was watching something on TV and the leading character was sitting out on an eagle head gargoyle like thing on some skyscraper. It made me long for those high places. A ledge 200 feet above the deck, or a summit with a grand view, a mountain top, that would be sweet. Dwayne and I once sat on a boulder on top of a 2 pitch route for a long time. We stared at forest where no one goes and clifflines largely unexplored. We sat there untill we ran out of cigarettes, just talking and soaking up the Karma. the last time I went climbing, I sat on top of a route and just chilled awhile. There were too many people at that crag and I was hot and tired. You really miss things that were a large part of your life before. It only takes a visual to bring it all back.

2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

were YOU watching wim wenders? wow, how modern!

i love to be up high. i mean duh. *sigh*

are you climbing right now?

2:57 PM  
Blogger terry said...

ok WHY AREN'T YOU CLIMBING? ARE YOU OKAY..?

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home